Monday, September 10, 2007

Reading news on iPhone

I have a new iPhone, and I have been trying to figure out how to read news on it. Sure, I can sort of read regular web sites, but it is not exactly user friendly to do that. NYT has narrow columns, so it sort of works. Other places, I end up scrolling horizontally back and forth. I don't really want to read in depth articles on my iPhone, just a quick news summary, like you get in some rss feeds. There is the rss reader that apple provides, but that limits the summaries to 2 lines. I hate that. And I think you have to use bookmarks, which I think are a little cumbersome anyway.

So I put together a simple quick and dirty rss reader site, with some rss feeds right in a pulldown. You could potentially build a link to read your own custom rss feeds, but I have not made that easy yet.

Let me know what you think.

http://modeleven.com/reader/reader.php

No comments: